Week 8 Course Project: Part 8 – Evaluating Your Progress
· Due Saturday by 11:59pm
· Points 100
· Submitting a file upload
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Link (Word doc): Week 8 CCC Part 8 Template (Use this template to complete the assignment.)
· Minimum of 4 scholarly sources (This can include all course materials and your previous research.)
Introduction: Communication Change Challenge (CCC) Part 8 Part 8 is where you will evaluate the impact of the project as it relates to interpersonal communication and the course objectives (COs). It is important here that you clearly demonstrate your understanding of many of the course concepts through application to your course project.
Instructions Remember that your patterns for communicating interpersonally have been developed over many years. Therefore, you should be neither surprised nor discouraged to find that changing your interpersonal communication behavior takes time. In order for you to take this project to its fullest potential, you may need to continue to modify, implement, and reinforce these new behaviors for far longer than the duration of the project. It is possible, however, to modify the way you communicate, and because the payoff is improvement to our communication and relationship outcomes, changing interpersonal communication is worth the effort. You have now implemented your target behaviors for about two weeks, write a final evaluation addressing the following:
8A. Topic Selection Reflection What was the course material that suggests that this particular communication behavior was an appropriate target for change?
8B. Implementation Analysis: Satisfaction Consider the implementation of your new behaviors in Part 7, and address the following:
· Which of your behaviors particularly please you?
· What was the course material that suggests that this new communication behavior is a positive change?
8C. Implementation Analysis: Dissatisfaction Consider the implementation of your new behaviors in Part 7, and address the following:
· Were there any situations in which you were dissatisfied with your approach to improving your interpersonal communication?
· What was the course material that suggests that this particular communication behavior continues to be less than ideal?
· If you were not dissatisfied with your approach, why do you think this happened?
8D. Implementation Analysis: Additional Changes Consider the implementation of your new behaviors in Part 7, and address the following:
· What changes would you still like to make?
· What was the course material that suggests that this modification would complement or enhance your communication outcomes?
8E. Project Reflection Consider the entire course project, and address the following:
· How have your interpersonal relationships changed as a result of this project?
· What is the course material that suggests that these particular relationship changes are positive or negative?
Note: For each question, be detailed and specific. You need to use several course materials from different chapters, course outcomes, videos, assessments, articles, etc.
Your course project evaluation will be graded for comprehensive content, analysis evaluation, application of the course material, organization, and so forth. Please consider its weight when you place value on its importance to your final course grade.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 4 scholarly sources)
Grading This activity will be graded based on the W8 CCC Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2, 4, 5, 7
Due Date: By 2 p.m. EST on Friday