You are the Director of Human Resources for a rapidly growing technology firm. In the past three weeks, your organization has seen a huge increase in profitability and has contracted with 30 new corporate clients.
Your employees are doing the best that they can to ensure the success of your organization during this time of being understaffed, but the CEO, CFO, managerial staff, etc. know that the company needs to hire new employees
For this Critical Thinking Assignment, please do the following:
- Provide information about the technology industry. Specifically, explain details, through conducting research, regarding the competitive nature of this industry.
- Make a case for hiring either full-time, contingent, or contract employees. Explain the benefits and drawbacks of hiring your selected workforce type(s).
- Since you will need to recruit over 100+ technology employees, given organizational growth, explain if you believe that the recruitment function should be kept in house or outsourced. Justify your rationale.
- You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.