This assignment is broken down into two parts. The first is class attendance on September 13th and the second is the online homework assignment that is due September 20th by 1 p.m.
In order to receive the 25 points for class attendance, you must be in class on September 13th. You will receive 25 points for being in class or 0 points for being absent.
For the homework assignment (worth 25 points) answer the following questions. Please use complete sentences to answer the questions. Each question is worth 5 points. I will make this assignment available on September 11th so that you can have the questions with you while we watch the video. Chapter 3 of your textbook will help you answer question 2.
The assignment is due by 8 a.m. on September 20, 2018. If you have difficulties uploading the assignment to CANVAS you may turn in a hard copy to me at the beginning of class on the 20th. Remember every day the assignment is late there is a 25% reduction from the total number of points available.
Some questions have multiple parts. Make sure to read and answer all parts of the question. Your name must be on the actual assignment. The questions must appear along with your answers. Submissions with only the answers will not be graded, and a score of 0 will be entered.
1. List two biases, implicit and/or explicit, that you think Hannah Gadsby has faced during her lifetime? What evidence from the video supports your assumptions?
2. During the attack that Hannah Gadsby describes in her routine her limbic system would have been affected, specifically the hippocampus and the amygdala? What do these parts of the brain control?
3. How has Hannah Gadsby’s creative outlet (stand-up comedy) affected her ability to grow in her relationship with her mother OR affected her ability to heal from the traumatic experiences she described in her routine?
4. Depth of feeling is often what makes a show worth watching. What emotions did Hannah Gadsby display during her routine?
5. What were you thinking as you finished watching the film?