As demonstrated in the 2020 Census, the population of the United States continues to include greater percentages of immigrants. Many of these immigrants do not have private health insurance and thus rely on Medicaid. This has led to changes in the populations health care organizations must serve.
Assume you are the administrator of a health care organization in a Texas city bordering Mexico that accepts Medicaid as a payor. Recent Medicaid policies and discounting have contributed to the organizationâ€™s failing bottom line. Many of your clients have recently immigrated to the United States and are on Medicaid.
You have been asked to prepare an executive summary to present to the board of directors detailing how Medicaid discounting causes hardships on your organizationâ€™s finances and the health populations you serve.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word executive summary.
Include the following in your executive summary:
- Clearly identify the type of facility that you are leading.
- Explain specific cuts that Medicaid has made in recent years.
- Describe how Medicaid discounting causes hardships on your organization.
- Evaluate the impact of federal or state health care policies are having on consumersâ€™ costs. Explore both positive and negative effects.
- Recommend changes you propose to help decrease the deficit from the perspective of your organization.
- Recommend actions the organization can take to alleviate the negative effects of these changes but still meet the needs of various populations.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).