Step 2: Create a Positive Personal Branding Statement
**Topic> Educational Support Services<**
in this project, you will create a professional presence on LinkedIn (a professional social media network that is widely used by professionals and employers in most industries). If your profession or personal beliefs prevent you from establishing a LinkedIn site, ask about an alternative to building a live LinkedIn profile. As part of this project, you will conduct research into your present or desired industry, you will create a branding statement, and finally, create or revise an existing LinkedIn profile, using what you have learned about the industry and yourself.
There are four steps in this project that will lead you through each deliverable. Most steps of this project should take no more than two hours to complete. Begin by watching the video above, which introduces the project as it might occur in the workplace, and then continue with Step 1: Engage in Analysis and Reflection.
When you submit your project, your work will be evaluated using the competencies listed below. You can use the list below to self-check your work before submission.
- 1.1: Organize document or presentation clearly in a manner that promotes understanding and meets the requirements of the assignment.
- 1.2: Develop coherent paragraphs or points so that each is internally unified and so that each functions as part of the whole document or presentation.
- 1.4: Tailor communications to the audience.
- 1.5: Use sentence structure appropriate to the task, message and audience.
- 1.6: Follow conventions of Standard Written English.
- 2.1: Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration.
- 2.2: Locate and access sufficient information to investigate the issue or problem.
- 2.3: Evaluate the information in a logical and organized manner to determine its value and relevance to the problem.
- 2.4: Consider and analyze information in context to the issue or problem.
Now that you’ve analyzed the situation, you can start on your branding statement.
See Branding Statements for some resources and tips to create your statement. Draft a personal branding statement of 200 words or less. Edit for clarity and conciseness. It should be error-free as the representation of you!