For this assignment, choose either option 1 or 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the instructions below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are the new HR manager for Java Corp, which specializes in cold coffee and iced tea. Java Corp is small but quickly growing. There are 300 employees in the company and the organization has a history of a stable workforce with very limited turnover. Recently, the company gained over 200 employees and there are a number of supervisory and managerial positions that need to be filled. The CEO has asked you to work with her to fill positions based on an organizational structure she has just created.
New supervisors and managers are needed in IT (one), marketing (one), operations (two), and security (one). Each of these areas has seasoned internal employees eager to compete for jobs, though some may not be as qualified as external candidates. Develop a recruitment and selection plan that is best suited for this situation and make appropriate recommendations to the CEO.
For this assignment, develop a recruitment and selection plan for the chosen organization. In your plan:
- Analyze the role of the recruiter.
- What unique opportunities and challenges are present for the selected company?
- Outline a recruitment process to meet organizational objectives for the selected company.
- Include a step-by-step process for the selection of supervisors and managers.
- Include the best practices that support your recommended best recruitment plan. Consider the use of social media, types of employment tests, and how to conduct effective interviews, for example.
- Include additional information that make the positions more attractive.
- Explain an organization’s legal considerations for recruitment and selection functions.
- Analyze how to measure success of the chosen selection method for the selected company.
- What specific metrics would you use for your selected company?
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length: 5â€“7 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and a reference page.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Use a minimum of three relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources such as the Wall Street Journal to support your work. These resources should not include the resources found in the course.
- APA format: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines. Refer to the Evidence and APA Campus page for guidance.