In this assignment, learners are required to write a case report addressing the personal knowledge and skills gained in the current course and potentially solving an identified practice problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Use primary sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- Your case report should be no more than 10 double-spaced pages, including references.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Choose a specific focus of patient practice (e.g., acute care hospital, clinic, primary care, long-term care, home health). Select a particular disease process (congestive heart failure, fall, diabetes, etc.). Identify and fully describe a technology element that could be involved in providing care to a patient with your selected disease process and the patient practice. Define how this technology will integrate treatment, monitoring or communication from the identified care setting to the home and then to ongoing care through the clinic.
Your case report must include the following:
- Introduction with a problem statement and your disease process described from the focus of patient practice.
- Synthesized literature review.
- Description of the case/situation/conditions. Use a real life patient situation or condition to describe your case, including the problems the patient encounters and the barriers to care.
- Describe at least one technology that may be used as a solution to the patient situation or condition described in your case.
- Describe how the technology can be used specifically in the case you have proposed.
- Summary of the case integrating proposed solutions(s).