watch the video titled, “Compliance Based Rules Mentality vs. Values Based Ethical Culture” (also found below). Next, differentiate between a values-based ethics program and a compliance-based ethics program. Recommend either a values-based ethics program or a compliance-based ethics program for your current or a former organization. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: Please do not identify workplaces or leaders by name.
· Review Table 8-4 “Developing and Implementing a Code of Ethics” (Chapter 8). Outline a plan for implementing a training and development program in your current, or former, organization. Determine which training methodology (i.e., live training, online, reading, etc.) you would use to deliver the training. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: Please do not identify workplaces or leaders by name.
Table 8 Developing and Implementing a Code of Ethics
1. Consider areas of risk and state the values as well as conduct necessary to comply with laws and regulations. Values are an important buffer in preventing serious misconduct.
2. Identify values that specifically address current ethical issues.
3. Consider values that link the organization to a stakeholder orientation. Attempt to find overlaps in organizational and stakeholder values.
4. Make the code understandable by providing examples that reflect values.
5. Communicate the code frequently and in language that employees can understand
. 6. Revise the code every year with input from organizational members and stakeholders