- Although there are some aspects that may be similar, policing and private security are different. As you consider the future in both of these fields, it is important to understand and research some of the influential concepts related to each industry.
Select one of the topics below, which can be researched using the University Library or the internet:
- Early roots of policing: Sir Robert Peel’s nine principles during the 1820s, and their connection to modern-day policing
- Community policing as viewed by Robert C. Trojanowicz and Bonnie Bucqueroux
- Problem-oriented policing and its past, present, and future implications according to Herman Goldstein
- Broken-window concept and its connection to social disorder as described by George L. Kelling
- The Roles of Police and Private Security Officers in Urban Social Control by Rick Ruddell, Matthew O. Thomas, and Ryan Patten (University Library)
- Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy
- Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that examines the following:
- How the components of policing and private security relate to your topic
- The administrative and operational considerations related to functions of patrol, crime investigation, emergency, and critical incident response
- Some critical management factors for effective policing that were outlined in the examples
- The effect of your selected topic on future issues in the field
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.