- In Slaying the “Zombies” of Climate Science (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [Video, 18:00 mins], Dr. Marshall Shepherd addresses common misconceptions that, from his scientific viewpoint, are continuing to keep the public’s concern about climate change issues lower than what the actual science would indicate is necessary. Read the discussion directions below, and then watch Dr. Marshall’s presentation while taking careful notes to prepare for the discussion.
Next, post to the discussion board:
- Select one of the “zombie theories” from Dr. Shepherd. Restate the “zombie theory” you have chosen.
- Then, locate specific data and information in the assigned readings and other academic sources that support this idea. Use this information to craft your response to the two following prompts:
- How important is this misconception in keeping people from appreciating the potential impact of climate change?
- Create an argument using this data that you could deliver in a 2 minute “elevator speech” that might convince a climate change doubter that the issue of climate change may be more critical than he or she imagines.