Topic: Healthful eating and exercise
Target audience: Working adults ages 30-50
A. Describe your intended audience and why the topic is important to this audience (suggested length of 2–5 sentences).
B. Create a presentation plan (e.g., outline) for a five- to seven-minute presentation on your chosen topic by including the following parts:
1. An effective introduction that includes the following aspects:
• an attention-getting opening
• a thesis statement
• a preview of the main points of the presentation
Note: For a five- to seven-minute speech, two to three main points are recommended.
2. Supporting evidence (e.g., statistics, published research) for the main points
Note: Avoid using personal opinion, personal research, or personal experience as your supporting evidence.
3. an effective conclusion that includes a summary of the main points and closing comments.