Choose one of the three topics below.
- Topic 1: Is it more important to have soft skills or hard skills? Support your claim with research, including how either soft skills or hard skills are used in your career.
- Topic 2: How do the skills you’re learning in General Education courses apply to your future career? Support your paper with research (ex. communication, soft skills, importance of time management, etc.).
- Topic 3: Convince a friend, family member, or coworker to consider earning a college degree. Identify 3-5 reasons why someone should be a college graduate.
Choose a prewriting activity – free-writing, brainstorming, mapping or questioning. Perform the activity using the topic you chose above. Some questions to consider as you prewrite:
- What do you already know about the topic? What interests you about the topic?
- Where might you learn more about the topic? (Friends? Family?)
- What sources would be helpful in learning about this topic?
Discuss your prewriting activity.
- What prewriting activity or activities did you do?
- Why did you select the prewriting activity or activities that you did?
- What was hard about the activity?
- What was easy about the activity?
- Explain your reasons for selecting your topic, and how the prewriting process helped you in exploring the topic