For this Discussion, you will select an interactive media piece to practice decision making when treating patients with psychological disorders. You will recommend the most effective pharmacotherapeutic to treat the psychological disorder presented and examine potential impacts of pharmacotherapeutics on a patient’s pathophysiology.
· Review this week’s interactive media pieces and select one to focus on for this Discussion.
· Reflect on the decision steps in the interactive media pieces, and consider the potential impacts from the administration of the associated pharmacotherapeutics on the patient’s pathophysiology.
Post a brief explanation of the psychological disorder presented and the decision steps you applied in completing the interactive media piece for the psychological disorder you selected.
Then, explain how the administration of the associated pharmacotherapeutics you recommended may impact the patient’s pathophysiology.
How might these potential impacts inform how you would suggest treatment plans for this patient?
Be specific and provide examples.
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 24, “Antipsychotic Agents and Their Use in Schizophrenia” (pp. 231–246)
· Chapter 25, “Antidepressants” (pp. 247–265)
· Chapter 26, “Drugs for Bipolar Disorder” (pp. 267–274)
· Chapter 27, “Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs” (pp. 275–285)
· Chapter 28, “Management of Anxiety Disorders” (pp. 287–292)
· Chapter 29, “Central Nervous System Stimulants and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder” (pp. 293–299)