Complete the following:
- Use the PowerPoint Template [PPTX] to complete this assignment. View the Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX] if you are new to PowerPoint.
Imagine that Lynette follows up with you in an e-mail shortly after reading your views on leadership and collaboration.
E-mail from Lynette
Thanks for sending me your thoughts on the diversity issue at the Lakeland Clinic. The next step is for you to select a team of professionals who can help you in this project and prepare an introduction of the project for a first meeting with them.
I want you to prepare a presentation to serve as a brief but substantive introduction for the first meeting with a group of four members who will participate on the committee tasked with addressing the diversity issue.
The presentation should be approximately 5 minutes (use as many slides as required), so I can understand your approach. There isn’t a lot of time or space, so keep things pretty high level.
Slides I would expect to see would include headings such as the ones below. However, you certainly have creative freedom to create ones that best align with your presentation. Simply be sure that the key topics are covered.
- Who Am I (this is a bio of yourself)ï»¿.
- Project Background.
- Project Goalsï»¿.
- Project Team Members/Composition.
- Team Communication & Scheduled Meetings.
- Team Collaboration.
- Expected Outcomes.
Be certain to explain the project background, goals, and the composition of your team. (Note that you will not know the exact personnel yet, but titles will do. Recruit team members with the desired qualities and characteristics that you outline in the presentation.) You will want the group to be diverse, with each member being able to provide a unique perspective. Explain how the committee will work together and achieve effective interprofessional collaboration. Conclude by sharing your expected outcomes of the project.
- Option B: Use the PowerPoint Template [PPTX] to create 5-minute presentation with visuals in response to the above scenario. In place of a narrated presentation, you need to include detailed speaker notes underneath every slide in your PowerPoint presentation.
- Be sure not to make the error of simply writing out what you have placed on each slide. You will be required to include in the speaker notes what you would have been saying aloud if you were recording a video. Stated another way, your notes are replacing a five-minute presentation.
When submitting your assignment, be sure to notify your instructor of the option you have selected.
Be sure your presentation meets the following requirements:
- Option B: PowerPoint slides with speaker notes. Include detailed speaker notes for every slide. Use a minimum of seven (7) content slides. The welcome, conclusion, questions, and reference slides are not considered content slides.
- Note: PowerPoint slides submitted without a narrated video or detailed speaker notes will be assessed a grade reduction.
- Visuals: Create visuals that are easily read and interpreted. Use colors, fonts, formatting, and other design principles that make the information clear and generally add to the aesthetic of the presentation.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how your assignment will be evaluated.
Portfolio Prompt: You should consider adding this assignment to your personal ePortfolio. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
By successfully completing this assignment , you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze leadership traits and styles.
- Justify one’s own criteria and choice for committee members.
- Competency 2: Apply accepted leadership practices and behaviors.
- State goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
- Describe a plan to facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration and motivation among a committee.
- Competency 3: Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Create an organized multimedia presentation that clearly communicates specified content.
- Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions.