2. You are required to respond to essays submitted by two other students. These are responses must be 200 words minimum and specifically to that which they have posted, plus your own thoughts. What was the topic they posted? What was it that you liked/disliked or enjoyed reading about? Did you agree with what they posted? You are required to respond to them by name. This is not a copy and paste response. You may choose to do some internet research to support your original answer and responses to others.
TOPIC FOR THIS ANALYSIS ESSAY:
- “Choose one of the topics found in the list of Mini-Lectures. Name the video and complete your analysis essay on that topic.
- Mini-Lecture A – WW I Anti-German Propaganda (Important to waging war and having popular support is propaganda)
- Mini-Lecture B – Casualites of WW I (The worst of any war presented in the cold hard fact of war: modern weapons kill and injure millions)
- Mini-Lecture C – 1929 Stock Market Crash and The Great Depression (This is a world-wide phenomenon that struck down all classes.)
- Mini-Lecture D – American Imperialism (A closer look at American Imperialism as the 19th century ends and the 20th century begins)
- Mini-Lecture H – Women Win the Right to Vote (This video discusses the event leading up to 1920 when women in the US received the right to vote with the 19th Amendment)
- Mini-Lecture F – Russia and The Great War (A summary of the events surrrounding Russian participation in World War I)
- Mini-Lecture G- The Causes of WW I (Excellent original footage of the causes of WW I and the war itself)
- Mini-Lecture H – American Doughboys in WW I (American soldiers arrived late in 1917 but without them the allies would have lost the war)
- Mini-Lecture I – Paris Peace Conference (Victorious nations meet in Paris to decide the terms of the Treaty of Versaille)
- Mini-Lecture J – Building the Panama Canal (The story of the how and when of the construction of the Panama Canal)
- Mini-Lecture K – Serajevo (1914 heir to the Austrian throne is assassinated in Sarajevo)
- Mini-Lecture L – Opium Wars (The shame of British imperialism in China)
- Mini-Lecture M – 1918 The Influenza Pandemic (between 1918 and 1919 millions of people would die from influenza)