Assignment: Provide an approximate 1500-word document analyzing important concepts in the readings. Assume that you are writing for an uninformed reader that knows nothing about the topic and has not read what you read. Provide an introduction that gives the background of the resource that you are reviewing, so the reader will understand what they’re reading and why. Include the following topics for inclusion in this week’s discussion:
– Discuss Hazard Clustering including how do hazards ‘cluster’ and what are the impacts?
– Discuss how disasters impact the economy and growth?
– Discuss individual preparedness including are individuals adequately self-sufficient and concerned for their own welfare and safety?
– Discuss how governments can help individuals and society overall?
– What is the role of insurance? Is insurance sustainable in an environment of increasing risk?
– How are cities inherently hazardous?
– How would your perspective of disaster change if a disaster similar to those described happened to you?
DO NOT list out the topics or questions and answer them. They are not meant to be all-inclusive, and your reader will not understand the context. Rather, give an overview of the author’s entire body of work, using the topics as guidelines. Ensure that you meet or exceed the 1500-word target, and that your paper meets APA presentation requirements. Save the Microsoft Word document as [yourlastnameWkX] (e.g. SmithWk6) and upload the paper to the assignment. Scroll down and hit ‘submit’.