Course Project—Analyzing Behavioral Risk Factors
This week you will add to the work you have done in Weeks 1 and 2 on your final project. You will combine the work from the previous weeks with this part and submit it for grading.
Phase 3 of the PRECEDE-PROCEED model is the education and ecological assessment. After the key risk factors have been identified, they are classified into three categories: Predisposing, reinforcing, and enabling factors. Approaches to these factors may vary depending on the setting, so it is important to take both the factors and the setting into account in the program planning process.
In Week 1, you selected and analyzed a health issue, explaining the populations or groups most affected by it. In Week 2, you examined the behavioral and environmental risk factors related to your selected health issue. This week, based on your analysis in Week 2, select one or two behavioral risk factors as the focus for the final project.
Week 3 Tasks:
Using the readings for the week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, research risk factors. Write a 4–6-page educational assessment paper.
Complete the following:
- Identify one or two behavioral risk factors related to your selected health issue. Justify your choices using scholarly references.
- Identify the predisposing, reinforcing, and enabling factors for each selected behavioral risk factor.
- Describe at least two examples of each factor as they relate to the behavior.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of two different settings that can be used to address the health behavior in the targeted population.
Support your statements with scholarly references and appropriate examples.
Collate your work on Phase 1 (Week 1) and Phase 2 (Week 2) together with Phase 3 and submit the paper.
- Submit your assignment in Microsoft Word format to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Name your document SU_PHE6210_W3_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Cite all sources using the APA format.