A 35-year-old male, Mr. NX, presents to your clinic today with complaints of back pain and “just not feeling good.” Regarding his back, he states that his back pain is a chronic condition that he has suffered with for about the last 10 years. He has not suffered any specific injury to his back. He denies weakness of the lower extremities, denies bowel or bladder changes or dysfunction, and denies radiation of pain to the lower extremities and no numbness or tingling of the lower extremities. He describes the pain as a constant dull ache and tightness across the low back.
He states he started a workout program about 3 weeks ago. He states he is working out with a friend who is a body builder. He states his friend suggested taking Creatine to help build muscle and Coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant so he started those medications at the same time he began working out. He states he also takes Kava Kava for his anxiety and garlic to help lower his blood pressure.
His historical diagnoses, currently under control, are:
Type II diabetes since age 27
High blood pressure
His prescribed medications include:
Glyburide 3 mg daily with breakfast
Lisinopril 20 mg daily
Coumadin 5 mg daily
Based on the above case study, address each section of the Unit 9 Assignment template. Be sure to first view the Unit 9 Assignment Grading Rubric (found in the Grading Rubrics section under Course Home) and use it to guide your completion.
- Download the Unit 9 Assignment template.
- Rename the downloaded template file as “FirstInitial+LastName_ MN553_Unit9.docx” (e.g., JDoe_MN553_Unit4.docx).
- Review the Assignment grading rubric.
- Complete the template, basing your responses on the case study above.
- Support your arguments with appropriate evidence from the literature, citing and referencing in APA 6th edition style.
- Upload your completed file to the Dropbox. Please be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly. For help in uploading, review the Student Guide to the Dropbox.
Due by Day 7 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.
How to Submit:
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, click the Dropbox tab and select this unit’s basket from the dropdown menu, then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of your work and be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly.
For help uploading your file, review the Student Guide to the Dropbox.