· The client’s prevailing issues/symptoms
· A mental status exam
· A DSM 5 Diagnosis
· Apparent ethical issues
· A description of any information lacking, or information needed, for a complete assessment
· A recommended treatment model and provided support.
· Case conceptualization from your chosen treatment model
· A risk assessment.
· Expected challenges with treating this client.
· Advocacy efforts needed for this client.
Your treatment models and recommendations should be based upon literature. Those sources should be cited and referenced.
Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders – By David H. Barlow
(A Step-By-Step Treatment Manual)
You can find the video by copying the link below:
DSM 5 Military Case Scenarios Series Index: Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders, Episode 35, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Alcohol Use Disorder A-4
in DSM 5 Military Case Scenarios Series Index: Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders, Episode 35 (Santa Monica, CA: Symptom Media, 2014), 11 mins
Although he believes himself “lucky,” since none of his friends was killed overseas, Private Merlino has been experiencing nightmares since returning from Afghanistan. He is not integrating well into life at home. He is short-tempered, frustrated with civilians, misses combat, and expressed suicidal thoughts. Recently, Merlino was reprimanded for taking his friend out, a friend who is also a patient at the army hospital, and getting his friend drunk. This training title shows the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Alcohol Use Disorder.