Write an investigation paper on Al Qaida
Write a 3-5 page word document
1. Concisely describe and define a problem scenario and/or organization that could be targeted using Open Source (OSINT) intervention.
2. Explain why you selected this particular organization. (NO specific reason make up one)
3. Review historical background and pertinent intelligence issues that relate to the organization.
4. Briefly describe how OSINT is likely to offer an effective solution to the tasked objective of horizon scanning and further open source collection.
Note(s): (1) Due to security and operationally sensitivity issues, it is not advised to select or examine one’s own organization for this assignment, particularly for those students associated with intelligence organizations. It is left to the student’s discretion to consider these security implications when selecting a topic. The following are a few examples of potential subjects that might be developed into a valid project topic:
- Government Entities (focus on a specific country/region/group).
- Terrorist Organizations (see an excellent example attached below).
- Corporate Entities (focus on a specific business/individual).
- Organized Crime (focus on a specific organization/individual).
- Counter-narcotics (focus on a specific area, cartel, and/or drug dealer).
- Government Contractors (focus on a specific business/individual)
(2) When developing the topic and researching the organization, one should consider themselves as being in a position of adequate stature so that the recommendations and observations made in this project paper will be considered. Caution should be given so as not to select an entity or organization that might be too broad in scope (i.e. Chase Bank, or the company formerly known as Blackwater) in order to provide the focused examination required of this project. Include peer-reviewed references that contribute to the substance of the paper, and support the topic thesis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a passive OSINT collection exercise. Do not actively participate or interact in anyway with the organization or individual in order to gain intelligence. For example, do not attempt to join a terrorist organization in order to gain intelligence. Only that which is readily available to you on the internet or in a library should be pursued. Do not join a site, engage directly with, or give your information to any entity in order to produce this project.