Due Week 10 and worth 180 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a final capstone project plan and a closing process PowerPoint presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Final Capstone Project Plan
You are now in the final stage of the capstone project development. All previous documentation should be combined into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the project. Your goal is to have the CEO of your chosen company and his leadership team approve your strategy recommendations. The presentation should be very detailed in order to address potential concerns and provide support for your recommendations. However, the executive team is only interested in a thirty (30) minute summation. Therefore, you also must create a compelling executive summary that is supported by your detail that convinces the executive team that it should move forward with your recommendation.
- Develop a twenty to thirty (20-30) page project plan in which you:
a. Write a two to three (2-3) page executive summary in which you provide a high-level technical overview of your project where you address the following from the case study:
i. Strategy Development
ii. Innovation and Competitive Analysis
iii. Exploiting Innovation
iv. The Organization’s Response to Change
b. Combine all previous documentation for Project Deliverables 1-4 in which you provide all aspects of the strategic management process into the project plan.
c. Compile all the quality resources from the previous deliverables. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 2: Closing Process PowerPoint Presentation
In addition to your detailed executive summary, you must present your findings to the executive team and the venture capital group that along with the executive summary will convince everyone that your solution is optimal.
Your PowerPoint must have speaker notes and these speaker notes must be written as if you were presenting this project to your client. A template is provided for your use. You can modify the template based on your professor’s instructions. Do not omit any information from the template because the information aligns with the rubric. Note: The template can be found here.
2. Prepare a nine to fifteen (9-15) slide presentation in which you:
a. Include a title slide and a slide in which you provide the purpose and objectives of the presentation.
b. Examine your chosen company’s competitive environment.
c. Determine your chosen company’s main strengths and weaknesses.
d. Determine and evaluate two to three (2-3) strategies to exploit its innovation breakthroughs.
e. Recommend a strategy for your chosen company.
f. Advise key strategic implementation approach.
g. Include a summation slide in which you provide the key takeaways for the CEO.
Your presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use the PowerPoint presentation template that can be found in the online course shell. Your professor will inform you if the template can be modified.
- Provide a references slide. The Reference Slide must follow APA format.
- Create Speaker Notes to accompany each slide that emphasize and embellish the key points to the stakeholders. Please be clear and thorough as if you are actually presenting.
- THE RUBRIC FOR THE POWERPOINT HAS BEEN UPLOAD
[Your Chosen Company] Strategy Brief
Your Full Name
MGT599: Graduate Management Capstone
Purpose and Objectives
- Examine your chosen company’s competitive environment
- Determine your chosen company’s strengths and weaknesses
- Determine strategies to exploit your chosen company’s innovation breakthroughs
- Recommend a strategy for the company
- Advise key strategic implementation approach
- Define your chosen company’s industry
- Determine the company’s key competitors
- Analyze the company’s emerging innovations
[Your Chosen Company]
Strategies to Exploit [Your Chosen Company]’s Innovation Breakthroughs
- Strategy 1
- Strategy 2
- Strategy 3
- Strategy recommendation
- Key advantages exploited
- Key weaknesses minimized
- Approach to stimulate corporate adaptation
- Changes in decision-making style
- Changes in planning structure
- Measures of success
- Provide the key takeaways for the CEO
- You must use references that coincide with the
in-text citations in your presentation written in correct APA format.