· Due Friday by 12pm
· Points 30
· Submitting a file upload
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 1, 5
Instructions Prove for yourself that communication is both frequent and important by observing your interactions for a one-day period. Record every occasion in which you are involved in some sort of human communication.
Based on your findings, answer the following questions:
1. What percentage of your working day is involved in communication?
2. What percentage of time do you spend communicating in the following contexts: interpersonal, dyadic, small group, and public?
3. What percentage of your communication is devoted to satisfying each of the following types of needs: physical, identity, social, and practical? (Note: you might try to satisfy more than one type at a time.)
4. Based on your analysis, describe at least 5 ways you would like to communicate more effectively. For each item on your list, describe the following:
· How you would like to communicate differently (e.g., act less defensive, speak up more, etc.)?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
Grading This activity will be graded based on the W1 Self-Evaluation Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Due Date: By 12 p.m. EST on Sunday