- What information do you gather from the data in this instrument?
- What will you do next—based on the information from the Level 1 Measure?
Utilize the DSM-5 Parent/Guardian-Rated Level 1 Cross-Cutting Symptom Measure—Child Age 6–17 measure to differentiate between issues associated with typical childhood behaviors and clinically-significant psychiatric phenomena (psychopathology). Consider the following when differentiating between the issues:
- Based on your findings, would you assess that “Johnny” needs a formal referral to a pediatric psychiatrist/psychologist/counselor?
Assign the appropriate DSM diagnoses for “Johnny” in descending order, from the dominant, to the least dominant. Consider the following when assigning the DSM diagnosis:
- What diagnostic impression do you reach based on the information gathered about Johnny? What is your rationale for ruling-out other diagnoses?
Write a 500-750-word paper about Johnny and your findings. Include the following in your paper:
- The appropriate DSM diagnoses for “Johnny” in descending order, from the dominant, to the least dominant and rationale.
- An explanation regarding why other diagnoses were excluded and rationale.
- A discussion regarding if you would assess that “Johnny” needs a formal referral to a pediatric psychiatrist/psychologist/counselor and rationale for your choice.
- At least five scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper to substantiate your findings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.