· Due Friday by 12 pm EST
· Points 55
· Submitting a file upload
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 3, 6, 7
· Lesson 1, 2
· Minimum of 4 scholarly sources
Instructions For the final outline, continue conducting research for your presentation, locating specific scholarly sources to include on your references page.
Include and submit the following components:
· Title page (title of speech, name of presenter, audience prepared for – school or institution, date)
· You can use this information to create your first slide in PowerPoint.
· General goal, specific goal, thesis statement, introduction paragraph, body of the outline in sentence format (approximately 2 pages)
· Summary or conclusion paragraph (1-2 pages)
· Visuals description plan (1-2 pages)
· This should include images for the PowerPoint slides, by slide number if known. Paste the images into the file. (Do not simply provide a URL for each image).
· Reference page with minimum of 4 additional authoritative, outside scholarly sources
· These sources are in addition to the one located for Week 2 and 3.
· Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable.
· References must be written in APA format with hanging indents, in alphabetical order, and with everything double spaced.
· The word references should not be formatted.
· Include copyrighted image resources in this list.
· You can copy and paste this to use as the last slide in your PowerPoint.
Presentation Note: Do not copy and paste your table of contents, final outline, or visuals description plan into your PowerPoint slides. Your speech slides must be created as a meaningful presentation.
· Use a few bullets for each slide with one phrase or one sentence for each bullet.
· Do not put any paragraphs into the slides.
Any questions about this assignment may be discussed in the Course Q & A Forum.
Optional: Team Editing This is not required or graded. Complete the following steps for team support on your outline. This is not a group project:
· Early in the week (Day 1, 2, or 3), post in your group homepage a completed first or second outline draft with your team to ask for feedback. If you do not share I added this your first draft early in the week, you cannot expect other people to have time to review it for you. Provide good concrete constructive comments.
· During the week (Days 1-5), respond to team members who have asked for your suggestions, comments, and corrections on their outlines. Try to respond as early as you can, or at least within 2 days. If you can’t review an outline or provide any comment within 2 days of receiving a team member’s outline, notify your team member about when to expect your comments. Day 5 should be your latest date to respond to other people, or Day 6 for emergency last-minute reviews. Remember that other people need time to use your ideas and revise their outlines!
· Review the suggestions, comments, and corrections that you receive from your team and incorporate the best ideas into your first draft outline.
· Save the end of your week (Days 6 and 7) for revising and updating your own outline and preparing the final outline version, completing the description of visuals (PowerPoint images plan) page, and checking the references page.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 3-4 pages (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 4 scholarly sources)
This activity will be graded based on W5 Presentation Outline Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3
Due Date: By 12pm EST on Friday