Week 4 Concept Paper In week 4 for students will write a concept paper to support their reasoning for choosing their topic for their final project in week 7.
In other words, in week 4 you are going tell the reader (the instructor) why you think your topic for your final project is worth doing. You are going to justify this as a proposal. Here is the purpose of writing a concept paper:
Purpose of a concept paper
The topic for your week 4 concept paper will be the same as your final project; they are linked together. The week 4 concept paper justifies the writing of your final project.
Submit a 3 page concept paper IAW APA format on an approved topic (see pre-approved topics in the syllabus). Paper organization will include (use as headings):
- Problem Statement.
- Relevance and Significance.
- References (at least five).
Pre-approved research topics:
- Authentication/Digital signatures
- Data collections tools (hardware & software)
- E-business/e-commerce security
- End user security issues.
- Government vs. commercial organization security issues.
- Identity Theft
- ID&IH Management and Legal Issues
- Instant Messaging security.
- Intrusion detection.
- Sarbannes Oxley
- Security Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Wireless technology security
You may also choose a topic not listed but do check for approval. Students should choose a topic that interests them and they would like to learn more about.___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________