Week 4 Assignment 2: Presentation Draft Outline
· Due Sunday by 11:59pm
· Points 20
· Submitting a file upload
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 11
· Link (website): Narrated PowerPoint Tutorial
· Link (Word doc): Presentation Outline Template (Use this template to complete the assignment.)
· Minimum of 3 scholarly sources
Instructions Continue researching your topic and refine your thesis statement. You should by now have written at least 3 sentences for the main ideas concerning your topic.
Submit the following in outline form:
· Thesis statement
· At least 2 subtopics for each of the 3 main points
· References page (minimum of 3 resources, 1 per each main point)
Complete the outline tutorial exercises provided in the lesson. Spend time learning about outlining and solving your topic organization, sequence, and outline problems. You will also continue working on this outline next week.
Notify your instructor now if you do not understand how to create an outline. If you are having difficulty creating a draft of your outline, e-mail specific questions to your instructor. You may wish to ask for a personal phone call.
Presentation Note: PowerPoint presentations with recorded narration are due in Week 6. Begin practicing the use of your microphone with your computer and the PowerPoint narration feature. Review the Narrated PowerPoint Tutorial for information on how to use the narration feature.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 0.5-1 page (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)
Grading This activity will be graded based on the W4 Presentation Draft Outline Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday