• Reading: Ethics, Part 3, pp. 277-279, and Part 4, p.320 (numbers on the book page )
You do not have to read the whole thing just the highlighted part. Thank you.
The Final Paper provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to do research and apply the concepts covered throughout the course. This assignment MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style, and must be written at graduate level English. You are required to utilize the Internet and the University Virtual Library to research current literature and information to enhance your analysis for this project.
Using the University Virtual Library, find articles from professional journal dated within the past 5 years. A minimum of eight (8) research articles are required to complete this assignment. You may use the bibliography under Resources and the internet for additional research on theories of counseling.
The course text is not to be used for this assignment.
For the final research paper you will be comparing and contrasting 2 schools of counseling and psychotherapy.
Psychoanalytic and Humanistic/Existential
Psychoanalytic and Cognitive Behavioral
Psychoanalytic and Family Systems Approach
Cognitive Behavioral and Humanistic/Existential
Cognitive Behavioral and Family Systems
If you are not sure if you are choosing 2 different schools of counseling, please write your mentor prior to doing the research paper.
Your research paper must include:
· – compare and contrast both theories
· – discuss evidence-based research on applicability of each theory and treatment
· – present research on the pros and cons of each theory to specific populations
· – integrate research on culture and diversity in regard to the applicability of each theory
· – create an original case example that ties in your research (this should only be ½ to 1 page)
Your final paper should be 8-10 pages plus a title and reference page