In this module week’s discussion, you will address the impact of automation in the cockpit.
- Give your assessment as to whether or not humans make good “automation monitors.”
- Determine the benefits and drawbacks of highly automated cockpits.
- Is total automation desirable? Should pilots be taken completely out of the loop?
- Relate any personal experiences you have had with automation and information overload.
- How did you recognize task overload?
- What did you do to remedy the situation?
- What safeguards have you put in place to prevent future occurrences?
- If you do not have an aviation incident to relate, you may use work or personal life stories, but you must tie them to the lesson material.