1. How is Regan’s high school experience similar to most other adolescents? How is it different? Provide specific examples from the book.
2. Describe Liam’s “silent alarm system.” Why did he have this alarm system?
3. Why did Liam have several girls in his basement?
4. Describe the slumber party scene in Ch. 5. Why is this scene important to the book?
5. What does the author mean on page 51 when she says of Liam, “…there was no place for him in the world…he didn’t fit anywhere.”
6. Describe how the parents of the children that Regan babysits view gender role expectations.
7. Explain why Liam does not like mirrors.