Part 1: Relationship between Concepts: Infection, Stress, & Cancer
Answer the following 2 questions completely and clearly as possible. Explain your thoughts and ideas fully.
1. What is the relationship of the concept of infection to the alteration that occurs at the cellular level, such as that happens in cancer?
2. Provide information regarding the relationship between the concept of stress and the concept of infection. Describe in detail and provide at least one example.
Part 2: Living with Cancer
Answer the following 4 questions completely and clearly as possible, and explain your thoughts and ideas fully:
- Many early cancers often are not associated with any pain and often few, if any, clinical symptoms. Discuss why this might be so.
- Pain is often the most intense and difficult symptom associated with cancer; however, aggressive treatment of pain in the last days of a patient with cancer may depress breathing and hasten death. How do you think pain should be managed in terminal patients with painful cancer-related conditions?
- A patient being treated for cancer usually develops leukopenia and an increased risk for cancer. What are the pros and cons of keeping cancer patients in the hospital during aggressive chemotherapy treatment?