Watch the Webuwrite Academy simulation in its entirety. Throughout the course, you will be using this simulation for discussions and assignments. In this simulation, you will be invited into a fictitious company called Webuwrite Academy as a prospective intern. You will have the chance to meet employees of this company at a board room meeting; then you will find out what the employees really think of the company and of each other.
As you view this simulation, think about the interpersonal and organizational conflicts at Webuwrite. You will be asked to analyze these conflicts throughout the course. In addition, think of parallels between conflicts at Webuwrite and conflicts you have experienced or observed in your own professional experience. Organizational conflict is a main emphasis in this course, and you will be asked to think about and evaluate organizational conflicts from your own working life as this course progresses.
[u02a1] Unit 2 Assignment 1
Webuwrite Academy Conflict Summary
- Webuwrite Academy Conflict Summary Scoring Guide.
- APA (6th edition) Style and Formatting.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1. Identify variables within an organizational structure that can promote conflict.
- Identify organizational conflicts and describe them in detail.
- Describe the causes of organizational conflicts.
- Competency 3. Apply appropriate strategies to resolve conflicts.
- Analyze how a conflict resolution style can be used to resolve a specific conflict.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using conflict resolution styles to resolve specific conflicts.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate effectively through writing, including the proper use of sources and APA style.
For this assignment, refer back to the Webuwrite Academy Simulation. This simulation portrays an organization with serious conflicts that are both interpersonal and organizational in nature.
Complete the following:
- Identify at least three conflicts that exist between individuals or groups of individuals at Webuwrite, and describe these conflicts in detail.
- As best you can, describe the causes of the conflicts. Consider both personality factors and variables within the organizational structure that might promote conflict.
- Refer to Wilmot and Hocker’s discussion of conflict resolution styles in Chapter 5. For each of these three conflicts, choose one conflict resolution style (or a combination of multiple styles) that could be used to resolve this conflict. Describe in detail actions that could be taken that would reflect this conflict resolution style. (This may overlap with this unit’s Organizational Conflict Resolution Styles discussion.)
- For each of these three conflicts, explain the advantages and disadvantages of using the conflict resolution styles you chose.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Page requirements: 2–4 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
- Attach document in Microsoft Word format.
Gradetutors.com is a well-established online academic writing company that provides genuine writing services to students and researchers all over the globe. We offer a wide range of academic writing services including essays, thesis, research papers, dissertations, assignments, term papers, homework among others.
Plagiarism Free Guarantee
At gradetutors.com we ensure that every project that we review has been thoroughly vetted and proofread to ensure it is unique without ant traces of copied work. We use updated plagiarism software that has the ability to extensively search for instances of unauthenticity or stolen research or anything that could threaten our clients’ academic career.