Select a well documented case study of an individual who experienced a neurological disorder, disease, or accident that resulted in an interruption in his or her vision, hearing, or motor control (e.g., Phineas Gage, Christopher Reeves, Michael J. Fox, Muhammad Ali, etc.). Cases can be historical or from the 21st century.
Prepare a 7- to 10-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation addressing the following questions:
- What neurological disorder, disease, or accident took place to interrupt this individualâ€™s ability?
- What behaviors were exhibited by this individual following the disorder, disease, or accident?
- What were the individualâ€™s deficits as a result of this disorder, disease, or accident?
- What treatments did the individual seek? Were any available at the time?
- What are the research implications of the case study? How did this help scientists and doctors better understand the disorder or disease? How did this case help scientists and doctors better understand how the brain works?
- Include substantive speaker notes on every slide by adding a note at the bottom of the PPT slide