Review and analyze the graphs in Figure 10-1, Prevalence of any Mental Illness Among U. S. Adults; Figure 10-2, Prevalence of Serious Mental Illness Among U.S. Adults, Figure 10-3, Top Leading Disease/Disorder Categories Contributing to U.S. Disability-Adjusted Life Years (DALYs) (2010), and Figure 10-4, U.S. DALYs for Mental and Behavioral Disorders as a Percent of Total U.S. DALYs.
Some of the barriers to care are provider geographic distribution, financial limitations, lack of or inadequate health insurance, stigma, misunderstandings about the treatability of conditions, personal and provider attitudes, cultural issues, and a poorly organized care delivery system (see Page 285 of the textbook). Consider also the mental health services of children and adolescents. Consider the current events with mass shootings at schools, movie theaters, concerts, etc. and have the tough conversations about mental health.
Write a three to four (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the graphs and figures noted above and describe your findings in behavioral health.
- Explain the Mental Health Parity and Addition Equity Act of 2008.
- Explain the role of the National Institute of Mental Health and its influence on access to and utilization of healthcare services within the current healthcare system.
- Use at least three (3) recent (i.e., last five  years) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the course title, the professor’s name, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.