In your paper,
- Expand upon your prewriting from the discussion forums (if applicable) by providing specific details about the essay you selected and the topic that it explores.
- Show the steps of the writing process by developing the Week 2 Outline into a workable rough draft.
- Compose a clear argument in response to the selected essay. Support your response with examples and at least one quote and one paraphrase (a total of two citations) from the essay you selected.
- State specific details about the reading you selected, the topic that it explores, and your critical response to that topic.
- Utilize appropriate academic writing tone, style, and citation format as well as correct grammar, spelling, and sentence mechanics.
- Organize the essay with an introduction, a thesis, support paragraphs, and a conclusion.
The Critical Response Essay – Rough Draft
- Must be at least 3 properly formatted pages in length or 750 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of draft
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include a clear thesis statement. For more information about writing thesis statements, visit the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and review Chapters 4 and 5 of Essentials of College Writing.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least 1 scholarly source in addition to the course text. Scholarly source should be found in the Ashford Library.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
***Please see attached assignments as this shows the progress in order to complete this assignment. Please use references and add one reference.
PressReader – The Washington Post: 2015-01-08 – Tim Gunn and a …
Running head: WELCOME TO MY LIFE 1
WELCOME TO MY LIFE 4
Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy
ENG 121: English Composition I
Instructor: Kristin Sanders
February 25, 2019
Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy
First time mothers always find it challenging when motherhood sets in with the birth of their first-born babies. mothers on most times fail to get quality sleep and when other problems creep in the mother is left at a difficult position especially when the father has to go to work in order to cater for the family. “Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy,” from the Washington Post is the article I chose to look in to. The article is based on a new mother who experiences a lot of the struggles that new mothers go through.
Maggie in her article,” Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy,” provides a good way to learn about how mothers face a difficult task having to recover from giving birth and at the same time taking care of their newly born children. In order to escape from the tiring responsibilities of motherhood, mothers take up a form of escapism which in the case of Maggie is watching old episodes of Project Runaway.
· Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy teaches readers the need for mothers to find a way to rest from the perils of new parenting.
a. Maggie starts watching Project runaway as a way of escaping from all the noise and stressors within the house.
b. Maggie experienced a lot of noise coming from the construction of the house and at the same time from her baby crying.
c. “I turned up an old episode of “Project Runaway” and jacked up the volume to drone out the crying and hammering,” which shows how much stress of an environment Maggie and her child went through and the need to escape from all that.
d. Maggie faced challenges with the noise in the house due to the construction, the hot weather and an aging air conditioner that offered little help and pain coming from the unplanned caesarean section.
a. Like Maggie, I have seen my aunt go through the same first time mother problems and how she has coped with all the problems to become a good mother.
b. My aunt has developed a habit of watching a rerun of NCIS Los Angeles as a way of coping with the motherly responsibilities and resting.
c. My aunt faced challenges when the kitchen had to be remodeled in order to offer more space for more people when she hosts guests. She had to cope with the noise from the walls being smashed and drilling of holes throughout the construction.
d. Watching a rerun of a good series helps mothers to gain some good relaxation and strength to look out after their children throughout the day. The mothers will be refreshed, and they will be happy to enjoy the little free time they have to themselves.
a. ” Tim Gunn and a leaky shower: Welcome to my life, little guy,” provides a good way to learn about how mothers face a difficult task having to recover from giving birth and at the same time taking care of their newly born children.
b. Mothers require some form of escapism and a good way would be to binge watch on a good series. Mothers could face a stressful environment with the new baby crying and other forms of disturbances and it’s up to them take care of themselves.
c. As a reader what ways would you manage the stressful environment that would come with having a new baby and do your methods ensure that you have the proper relaxation before coming back to motherly responsibilities?