Instructions ( ONE PAGE for EACH discussion)
Answer all questions. If you must quote material do so judiciously. You may post weblinks but they must come from legitimate sources; no Wikipedia links–go to the source.
- Look up the definitions of migrant and refugee from legitimate sources (a dictionary is a good source). What is the difference between the two? (1 point)
- After reading the European Migration article ( Check upload file) and watching the Video, do you consider the European migration crisis to be an issue of economic migrants or refugees? Briefly explain your reasoning and use some of the people from the video as examples. (4 points)
- According to the article and documentary, are European migration policies fair and equitable? Briefly explain. (2 points)
- According to the article and documentary, list a minimum of three European migration policies that are not considered fair or equitable. (3 points)———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
- Identify, according to the European unrest article ( Check the file) and Video , the top three major concerns for the European Union. Explain your reasoning. (5 points)
- Knowing that a majority of United Kingdom voters approved the referendum to exit (Brexit) the European Union (EU) and the recent political crisis in Italy (see CNBC‘s Italy’s political turmoil could mark the end of the EU, roiling global markets ; do you believe there is a long-term future for the EU? Explain why or why not. (5 points)