· Examine the Affordable Care Act provisions from the government website and from the Kaiser.edu website in the readings. Watch the Films on Demand choices for the week.
· Pick one of the provisions for the Accountable Care Act. (Provisions include the elimination of health plan caps; elimination of the pre-existing illness clause to access health plan coverage, the ability to cover young adults up to the age of 26 on a parental health plan, reducing health care fraud, etc. There are many choices!)
· Design a fact sheet or brochure of at least one page that discusses the need for this specific provision and how this provision now helps people seeking health care services.
· See the Supplemental Resources for examples of fact sheets and possible templates to use for your own assignment.
· Feel free to use a brochure template, color, and clip art with your fact sheet. Be sure to include the actual provision.
· Discuss why the provision was needed.
· Determine what effect this provision has had on individuals and on health care organizations.
· Create this fact sheet/brochure for an audience that is just starting to understand the ACA. You are trying to create an educational fact sheet that will provide the information needed for this audience