Readings and Materials
- Journal Articles
- O’Malley, Ed. (2012). “The Competencies for Civic Leadership.” Kansas Leadership Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Heifetz, Ronald. (2010). “Adaptive Work.” Kansas Leadership Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Heifetz: “Lessons in Leadership” on NPR
Read the case study, “Redeveloping Mission and the ‘Driveway Tax’ Controversy”. In the Discussion, your initial post should address the following questions.
- Compare the differences between adaptive challenges and technical fix interpretations in the case study. Critique the interventions used and ways it changed or could have changed the outcome in the case study.
- Examine the challenges that arose between leadership vs authority in the case study.
- Relate ways the four competencies were used or could have been used to change the outcome in the case study.