Interview an older family member and find out their wishes for care in their later years. At a minimum consider the following:
- Do they want to live with a loved one or stay in their home?
- Maybe they would consider an Assisted Living Facility (ALF)?
- What are their wishes for end-of-life care?
- Are there any special cultural issues that need to be addressed?
- Do they have an advanced directive for health care?
- Do they have a personal will?
- Will you be available to care for this person, if needed?
- Do they have a pet that will need to be cared for, too