Keep in mind that you will use your client’s business to explore issues related to business development and innovation throughout the course, so you should pick something that you will enjoy exploring. If you have a small business idea of your own, then perhaps you should pick a similar existing business. Please provide the following in a Word document. You may include additional details about your client as well. Note that information on some small businesses could be limited, so with some assignments through the semester, we will need to move forward using assumptions. The important thing is to learn the concepts and practices covered in this course and how they apply to small businesses.
- Business name
- Website (if exists)
- Description of products/services
- Mission (what the business is – a brief description) and vision (what the business strives to be – looking into the future). These statements can be single sentences. If these statements are not readily available, create them for your client. Mission and Vision Examples. (Links to an external site.)
- Estimated number of employees
- List of competitors
- Why did you pick this business
- Briefly describe the role or roles of a small business consultant. Searching Google will provide insight.