1. A Six Sigma team brainstormed for “What’s” and six “How’s using the House of Quality. The relative importance of the six columns follows: Column A 14%, Column B 4%, Column C 41%, Column D 29%, Column E 10%, Column F 2%. What is the priority scheme for working these projects?
a. Work on column C, then E, then A
b. Work on column F, then B, then A
c. Work on column C, then D, then F
d. None of the above. Teams don’t determine the What’s. Customers do.
2. Which of the following are examples of financial measures that can be impacted by Six Sigma improvements?
a. Cost avoidance
b. Soft savings
c. Hard savings
i. B, C and D only
ii. B and C only
iii. A and C only
iv. A, B and C only
3. With Cost of Quality, which of the following categories is not generally tracked?
a. Prevention Costs
b. Appraisal Costs
c. Labor Costs
d. External Failures
4. Which of the following statements is true regarding the Taguchi loss function?
a. L is for financial loss
b. M is for measurement system
c. K is a calculated value between -1.0 and + 1.0
d. X is where the process should be performing
5. Which of the following describes the appropriate measurement system characteristic when the same employee, taking multiple measurements on the same item, gets the same result every time?
6. If we change the confidence level from 99% to 95%, we expect the size of the rejection region to
c. Provide MORE confidence
d. None of the above
7. Which of the following are valid risk assessment tools in Six Sigma projects?
a. Design reviews by specialists on teams
b. Fault-tree analysis
c. Multi-vari study
d. Safety analysis
e. FMEA process
i. A, B, C and D only
ii. A, C, D and E only
iii. A, B, D and E only
iv. A, B, C, D and E
8. Which of the following examples is qualitative customer information?
a. Customer attrition rate
c. Market share growth rate
d. Win/loss ratio
e. Reasons for losing customers
f. Customer preferences
i. A, B, D and F only
ii. B, E and F only
iii. B, E, and F only
iv. All of the above
9. Lean efforts should pay attention to areas that are:
a. Producing sooner that is needed
b. Producing in greater quantities than is needed
c. Producing faster than is needed
d. All of the above
10. DMAIC is a linear model in which one the team progresses to the Analyze Phase, they are to always more on to the Improve Phase.